Accident Plan 10 & 20
Overall Policy Information
Available for cats and dogs over the age of 8 weeks at inception.
- Accident cover.
- NO WAITING PERIOD.
- Claims processed within 72 hours.
Accident 10 Plan
- Premium: R70pm
- Annual Limit: R10000 per policy year
Accident 20 Plan
- Premium: R137pm
- Annual Limit: R20000 per policy year
15% of claim cost, minimum R250
What’s Covered by Accident 10 & 20
Your pet is only covered for accidents resulting from:
- A Motor vehicle accident:
Example: When pets travel with furparents, or runs out of the park and gets hit by a car.
- A burn or electrocution:
Example: Puppies love chewing charging cables (which can cause injury).
- A fall from an elevated position, or tumble off a couch:
Example: Cats and kittens climbing onto, and falling off, high roofs and trees.
- A near drowning:
Example: Mom’s French Bulldog chases a duck into a pond (nearly drowns.)
- The actions of another animal:
Example: A cat or dog fight that needs urgent care.
- Ingested or embedded foreign object requiring surgical or endoscopic removal:
Example: When doggo swallows your child’s toys or puppy swallows your shoe strings.
- A snake bite:
Example: Cats and dogs on farms or in stables. And especially regular hiking doggos.
- An allergic reaction to an insect bite other than tick or flea bites. Biliary (tick bite fever / bosluiskoors) is covered as an accident.
- Accidental Poisoning:
Example: When the neighbour puts out poison for pests and your cat or dog ingests it.
* These prices and the cover reflected here are indicative of our services and are a guideline only** E & OE Pet Insurance South Africa.
Or otherwise resulting in:
- A fractured bone:
Example: Horse kicks a dog in the park, heavy equipment falls on cat.
- A traumatic ligament or tendon injury:
Example: Accident while jumping off a shed roof, resulting in ligament tear.
- Lacerations, abrasions or wounds:
Example: Dog or cat suffers deep tear into skin from razor wire.
- A gastric torsion (Gastric dilation volvulus):
Example: A gastric torsion is caused by rough play or running, in breeds like Great Danes – and the stomach twists. This is a life threatening event.