There are too many owners out there that, when they get a dog, they would simply place them on a backyard with zero access indoors. But dog houses are an important part of taking care of a dog. Even if a dog lives indoors, let´s remembers that they are organisms who also need a place for themselves.
The benefits of dog houses
Protection is the first thing that comes to mind when you dog houthink of ses. When a dog spends a lot of time outdoors, he is exposed to the weather. Many dog breeds are sensitive to weather, so this is one important point to take into consideration.
But even rough dogs will eventually succumb to heavy weather. Heavy weather implies extreme cold or heat. During heat waves, especially, it is important to be careful with our pets. If your dog is going to spend time in the backyard during times of extreme heat, he must be well protected.
The importance of quality dog houses
As we stated before, every dog needs a house of his own. A spot where he can rest and be by himself. Needless to say, when you get or build your dog a house, make sure it is the correct size.
It is also very important for you to consider that dogs are individuals with different needs and dog houses should be built to meet those particular needs.
What is the best dog house?
The best dog houses have the following basic characteristics:
- They provide enough room for the dog to fully stand up, move around and even have access to dog food and water.
- They are elevated above the ground to provide ventilation during hot weather and to avoid the floor from getting too cold during winter.
- Speaking of ventilation, a good dog house has a good ventilation. The big opening for the dog to access is usually enough.
- Some insulation can help keep a dog house cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter.
- They are colored with light colors as these reflect heat instead of attracting it.
In Dogalize we care about dogs as much as you do. This is why we have comprehensive guides, tips, and tricks for you to best take care of your pet. Visit us and check out all the information and resources we have.