Have you insured the whole family?
PawPaw Pet Health Insurance
o A stand alone product available to the general broker
o PawPaw is a cost effective, easily understood pet health care product
o The PawPaw policy is an easy to read one page document, no technical jargon, hidden clauses or small print
o PawPaw takes care of the essential acute and trauma events – the events that really matter
o We avoid having to place limits or sub-limits on treatments through efficient case-management
with support by our qualified veterinarian
o Pre-authorisation and evaluation of pre-quotes enables effective cost management and control
o A bespoke IT platform with full administration and claims processing
Our Competitive cover at a glance:
*Benefit determined by case merits and clinical protocols.
**Please note that this does not refer to ALL other pet Insurance products. Ask your broker for a comprehensive product comparison
- Upfront Underwriting
- Premium: Dog – R237 (Full Cover) Cat R165 (Full Cover) Cat/Dog R100 (Accident Only Cover)
- Age – Older than 8 weeks and younger than 8 years (Full Cover), Over 8 years (Accident Cover)
- No Microchip, permanent identification or tattoo required
- Waiting Period – one calendar month from start date of policy. Accidental injuries covered from date of inception.
- No Condition specific waiting periods – (unless underwritten because of illness history)
- No Breed Exclusions
- No Sub Limits
- No Annual Limit, R20 000 (Accident Only Cover)
- Policy Excess – Minimum R200 with a maximum of 10% per claim
- Our Claims are processed within 72hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policy holder as required
- Pre-authorisations (for non-emergency treatments) ensure that there are no unexpected costs
- Acute Illness and injury – Consultation, diagnostic investigations, treatment, medication, surgery, pathology and radiography
- Chronic cover – with pre-authorisation and clinical treatment protocol.
- Hereditary Conditions cover – provided it’s not pre-existing.
- Supportive Rehabilitation /post surgery – subject to pre-approval and treatment protocols.
WHATS NOT COVERED:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Boarding Kennels and Catteries
- Routine Care (deworming, *vaccinations, grooming, flea/tick treatment, prescription diets, etc)
- Fertility & breeding (such as sterilisation, artificial insemination and injuries resulting from breeding, birthing and birthing complications)
- Complementary Treatments eg. Homeopathy, acupuncture.
*All vaccinations are kept up to date by the pet owner.
Thanks for your interest in PawPaw!
1 page policy wording
Pawpaw has no fine print, just simple concise policy wording
We avoid having to place limits or sub-limits on treatments through efficient case-management with support by our qualified veterinarian
QUICK TURN AROUND TIMES
Our Claims are processed within 72 hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policy holder as required
GET IN TOUCH
Tel: (021) 403 9177