Key points- (Illness and injury plan)
1. Premium: Dog – R255 Cat R178
2. Age – Older than 8 weeks and younger than 8 years at inception
3. Waiting Period – 30 days from start date of policy. Accidental injuries covered from date of inception.
4. No Condition specific waiting periods – (unless specifically underwritten because of illness history)
5. No Breed related conditions excluded
6. No Sub Limits
7. No Annual Limit- Individual case management
8. Policy Excess – 10% of every claim with a minimum R200.00 per claim
9. Our Claims are processed within 72 hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policy
holder as required
10. Pre-authorisations (for non-emergency treatments) ensure that there are no unexpected
1. Treatment for acute Illness and injury, This includes:
4. Diagnostic investigations
8. Chronic cover – with pre-authorisation and clinical treatment protocol. Additional premium
9. Hereditary Conditions cover – provided it’s not pre-existing.
10. Supportive Rehabilitation (post surgery) – subject to pre-approval and treatment protocols.
What’s not covered
1. Pre-existing conditions as well as any conditions that arise during the waiting period/ condition specific waiting period.
2. Boarding Kennels and Catteries
3. Routine Care (de-worming, vaccinations, grooming, flea/tick treatment, prescription diets, etc)
4. Fertility & breeding (such as sterilization, artificial insemination and injuries resulting from breeding, birthing and birthing Complications)
5. Complementary Treatments/alternative treatments e.g. Homeopathy, acupuncture.
PawPaw lifestyle benefits
PawPaw now offers lifestyle benefits on the illness and injury product. What’s included:
1. One annual check up: Policy holders can now enjoy the benefit of an annual check on their
pet. PawPaw will reimburse up to R600 per policy year for an annual check up. OR
2. Puppy socialization class: PawPaw will reimburse up to R600 per policy year for puppy
socialization or behavioral classes.
3. Cremation benefit: PawPaw will reimburse up toR1000 in the event of a cremation claim.
Key points- Accidental only
1. Premium: Cat/Dog R107 (Accident Only Cover)
2. Age – Animals over the age of 8 years only at inception
3. No Microchip, permanent identification or tattoo required
4. No Breed related conditions excluded
5. Annual limit – R20 000
6. Policy Excess – 10% of every claim with a minimum of R200.00 per claim
7. Our Claims are processed within 72hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policy holder as required
8. Pre-authorisations (for non-emergency treatments) ensure that there are no unexpected costs
What’s covered– (For the purposes of this policy, an accident must be a direct consequence of at least one of the following)
1. Motor vehicle accident
2. A burn or electrocution
3. A fall from an elevated position
4. A near drowning
5. The actions of another animal
6. A swallowed or embedded foreign object requiring surgical or endoscopic removal
7. A snake bite
8. An allergic reaction to an insect bite other than tick or flea bites.
9. Biliary (tick bite fever /bosluiskoors) is covered as an accident.
11. Or an accident is any event that results in
12. A fractured bone.
13. A traumatic ligament or tendon injury
14. Lacerations, abrasions or wounds
15. A gastric torsion (Gastric dilation volvulus)
*To be covered as an accidental injury, any diagnosis must be made within 48 hours of the time of the accident.
Whats not covered
1. Any sickness, disease, infection or any change in a pets health which is not caused by an accidental injury
2. Any invoices submitted more than 60 days after the date of last treatment.
3. The costs for any treatments for injuries incurred outside of the Republic of South Africa.
4. Any treatment by person/s not registered with the South African Veterinary Council.
5. Any allergic reaction to a vaccine or medication.
6. Any surgical items that can be used more than once. These are non-chargeable items.
7. The costs of any prosthesis, implants or transplantation
8. Any injury caused by negligence. P.UMA will report all abuse to the S.P.C.A.
Thanks for your interest in PawPaw!
1 page policy wording
Pawpaw has no fine print, just simple concise policy wording
We avoid having to place limits or sub-limits on treatments through efficient case-management with support by our qualified veterinarian
QUICK TURN AROUND TIMES
Our Claims are processed within 72 hours and payments are paid to the vet or the policy holder as required
GET IN TOUCH
Tel: (021) 403 9177